Improving Your Health Through Technology
Technology continues to advance how we deliver healthcare. To help our patients benefit from these advances, Community Health Center of Cape Cod uses telecommunications technology in delivery of health care services through our Telehealth program.
The Health Center offers a number of Telehealth options to drive meaningful and lasting change to help patients better manage chronic conditions, improve overall health and, ultimately, reduce the costs of providing health care.
The program’s goal is to maximize community resources and improve care delivery systems. This means increased access to high quality, affordable health care, while reducing inefficiencies such as preventable emergency room visits, hospitalizations and overall cost of care. Telehealth benefits all of our patients and helps improve care for diverse patient populations.
Telehealth services at Community Health Center of Cape Cod currently include:
- MyChart: The MyChart patient portal is available to all patients and provides secure online access to your care teams and ability to manage appointments and health records.
- Video Interpreting: We provide an on-demand, mobile video connection to medically trained language interpreters, including American Sign Language. We use iPads on stands with wheels which allow us to bring the interpreter to non-English-speaking patients wherever they are within our Health Center.
- Home Telehealth Program: This pilot program allows our Complex Care Team to collect biometric data on some of our highest-risk patients from their homes. Patients are supplied with wireless devices, including glucometers, blood pressure monitors and scales, which automatically and securely uploads medical data to their care team. This helps us ensure our patients can have the best possible outcomes from their care plans.
- Telepsychiatry: We utilize video conferencing technology for virtual delivery of Psychiatry services to our patients. This enables our Behavioral Health providers to conduct patient visits at any location throughout our three sites, regardless of where the patient may be.
- Teleoptometry: Patients living with diabetes can get screened for diabetic retinopathy, a disease that can lead to blindness if left untreated.
- Teledermatology: We can capture and forward high-resolution images of a patient’s skin health concerns to a board certified dermatologist for review, all without even needing to leave the room.
Your provider will let you know if you would benefit from any of our Telehealth services. If you have questions about the program, please contact 508-477-7090 ext. 1177.
Improving your health
We use technology to help keep you healthy.
Increased Access to Specialty Care
Increased access to care and decreased barriers to specialty services within your community and in primary care setting.
Communicating with your health team
We use technology to make communicating with us easy, effective, and accessible to all.