Current Job Openings
Primary Care Providers
Thanks to expansion of services in all of our locations, we are looking for Primary Care Providers, board-certified in either Internal Medicine or Family Practice to work in either our Bourne or Mashpee locations. We offer competitive compensation package, flexible scheduling, sign-on bonus, and innovative practice design. Loan repayment and assistance is also available.
For further information please contact:
Joanne Mazar, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources
508-477-7090, Ext. 1141
Patient Engagement Representative – Bourne
The Patient Engagement Representative will engage patients over the phone to ensure that patients have access to care when requested and needed, and to assist the care team in effectively and efficiently addressing patient needs in between visits. Responsibilities will include:
- Welcome and triage incoming calls to the Health Center.
- Provide general information to callers about the Health Center (e.g. hours, services, insurance enrollment, new patient registration)
- Schedule appointments with primary care providers.
- Assist patients seeking updates or information about their care at the Health Center (e.g. status of a referral, medication refill request or prior authorizations, questions about lab orders)
- While engaging patients on the phone, check for open appointment recalls, notes on incomplete insurance applications, date of last physical, MyChart status, and other open items that can be resolved on the call.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in medical office environment. Strong oral and written communication skills as well as commitment to excellent customer service are required. Computer literacy required and working knowledge of computer programs required.
Medical Assistants – Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee – $500 Sign on Bonus
Join our growing team-centered model of health care delivery! Our Medical Assistants are a valued member of our patient care team, with responsibilities that include:
- Screening and updating patient health maintenance and wellness indicators
- Promoting flow of services during visits, coordinating education and resources
- Performing point of care testing as required
- Setting up Tele-health and remote patient visits.
Our employees are our greatest assets and if you thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you!
Qualifications: Medical Assistant Certification is Required. CNA or EMT training also considered. New grads welcome!
Registered Nurse Substance Abuse Disorder
The Community Health Center is seeking a Nursing Professional to support our Substance Abuse Disorder Program in our new Sandwich Office opening in 2021! Training will begin in our Mashpee location. Duties will include:
- Responsible for Triage, Pre-screening, Intake, Induction, follow up visits and nursing support of substance abuse clients.
- Carries out Random Utox screening visits as needed
- Assist in collection of necessary data for grant programs
- Medication management of clients in program in coordination with providers.
- Carries out nurse visits per protocol, consulting with provider as required; documenting in chart.
- Serves as phone liaison for patient, hospitals, other medical offices, community services, etc. documenting as appropriate.
- Flexibility in supporting Primary care functions for office as needed.
Qualifications: Graduate of accredited school of Nursing, BSN and minimum 2 years’ experience in the substance abuse field. Epic electronic health record experience strongly preferred.
Recovery Support Navigator
A new grant funded positions to help support patients in navigating their addiction treatment and recovery, and provide integral support to addiction program operations.
- Provide peer support services including; building rapport with patients, assist patients in connecting to services and resources; including addiction treatment , recovery-based support services (detox, recovery housing), primary care, and social support groups.
- Engage in community-based outreach and treatment services within Medication for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) mobile van unit by greeting patients, building rapport, assessing acute treatment needs, and initiating addiction consults with a Community Health Center addictions specialist.
- Provide evidence-based, harm-reduction interventions for substance use disorders.
Qualifications: Candidate must have at least two (2) years of experience working with substance use disorder services or a combination of education and experience. Demonstrated empathy and understanding of persons with addiction, behavioral health disorders, and trauma through lived experiences. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and electronical medical records. EPIC knowledge strongly preferred. Bi-lingual skills a strong plus.
The Pharmacy Technician will actively assist the pharmacists under their direct supervision in most phases of prescription filling of new, refill and transfer prescriptions in accordance with regulatory compliance standards and CHC policies and procedures. Duties will include:
- Reviewing and processing medication requests, maintaining patient records and prescription information in the pharmacy computer system
- Assisting in maintaining the medication inventory and ordering of supplies
Qualifications: Current Massachusetts Pharmacy Technician License or equivalent, Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and QS1 experience strongly preferred. Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to thrive in a team-centered environment. Flexible to work various shifts and locations where needed.
Patient Access Representative – Mashpee (Full-time)
- Schedules patients for primary care and specialty clinics following policies and procedures to ensure providers schedules are filled, patients receive appropriate access to care, and complex visits are distributed appropriately throughout day
- Obtains required information from patients to appropriately register and schedule visits
- Prior to the appointment, verifies insurance eligibility, PCP, and copay through insurance web portals. If patient has no insurance, outreaches to patient to remind them to apply for coverage before the visit
- At check-in, verifies that patient demographics and consent forms are up-to-date and patient receives proper paperwork and screenings (SBIRT, M3 Form)
- Collects co-pays, on-account payments, and appointment payments for self-pay cash and self pay sliding fee patients as needed through cash, credit, or checks, and posts into EHR; Prepares end of day report for collection of co-pays
- Follows up on automated reminder calls to fill cancelled slots and reach out to patients whose appointments are still unconfirmed
- Processes missed appointments in accordance with CHC No Show and Cancellation policy
- Releases prepared documents to patients according to CHC Release of Information policy
Qualifications: High School diploma, Associates Degree preferred, with 2 years+ experience in medical office role . Experience with insurance verifications and EPIC EHR a strong plus!
Behavioral Health Clinician – Mashpee
Seeking a Behavioral Health Clinician to join our Patient-Centered Medical Home and integrated care teams. Duties will include:
- Provide culturally competent assessments, consultation and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions and disposition of care plans (Suicidal/Homicidal Risk Assessment)
- Assist the primary care team in developing care-management processes, such as behavioral modification and disease management techniques, case-management and patient education to promote patients’ chronic disease self-management
- Provide an array of clinical services for general behavioral health problems and areas of behavioral medicine (treatment planning/provision) to assist patients with meeting goals
Qualifications: LCSW, LMHC required. LICSW strongly preferred. Comprehensive compensation package. Sign-on Bonus! Upcoming graduates welcome to apply!
CHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3 Easy Steps to Apply Online
- Click on button by job description
- Complete information
- Attach your resume & cover letter