Compassionate Addictions Treatment
Addiction can tear lives and families apart. Community Health Center of Cape Cod is here to help with a comprehensive, structured and safe outpatient treatment program.
The Health Center offers an office-based addiction treatment program that serves people who need assistance with recovery from substance use in a compassionate environment.
We offer a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program for substance use disorder using Suboxone or Vivitrol. This MAT service will be open to the public and all individuals can participate, even if they are not CHC of Cape Cod patients.
During weekly visits with a combination of certified physicians, registered nurses, behavioral health clinicians and support staff, we will assist you with your recovery, supporting you physically and emotionally.
Education for maintaining a healthier lifestyle is an important step on the road to recovery. We will provide you with the necessary tools to live a healthy drug-free and alcohol-free life.
Addiction treatment services at Community Health Center of Cape Cod include:
- Access to a structured, safe and empowering environment
- Consultation to discuss and develop an integrated treatment plan which could be most helpful for you
- Comprehensive care that includes addiction services, behavioral health group sessions, and primary care follow ups (Primary Care will be for CHC of Cape Cod patients only)
- Medication-assisted treatments that are closely monitored with weekly nurse visits
- Personalized pathways to recovery with the consistent guidance of the addiction specialty team
This year, CHC of Cape Cod has expanded its Addictions Program, due in large part to funding received on the local, state and federal levels, including GE Foundation, Cape Cod Healthcare, the Cape Cod Foundation and the Cape and Islands United Way. Plans for increased access to care for at least 900 individuals will be executed over the next two years. Some of the expansion plans and programs include:
- Structured Outpatient Addictions Program (SOAP) to strengthen integration with behavioral health services and to expand its scope beyond substance abuse to include a more complete continuum of addiction services. This program is for people who are either just leaving detox or are in need of more support than the once-weekly Early Recovery Group can offer. It’s a 1-2 week program from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM that not only focuses on substance use but also addresses the different areas in patients’ lives, such as mental health, physical health, employment, social supports and housing. Individual counseling sessions are also available.
- An Outpatient Treatment Group called Step Forward. Step Forward is based on the stages of change in recovery and is designed to help people who are in the pre-contemplative or contemplative stage. The goal of the group is to help patients move from beginning stages of change in recovery to goal setting and action to change. Referrals can be made by Providers, outside Providers, and by the patients themselves.
- A Substance Use Drop-In Night the first Tuesday of every month from 4-8 pm. Launched by the Mashpee Substance Use Task Force, the drop-in night provides treatment options, counseling and education to individuals and families struggling with substance use and addiction. For more information about the Drop-In Night, Click Here.
To schedule an initial appointment or to learn more about our program, please call us at 508-477-7090 ext. 3106.
Safe & empowering environment
You will find a safe place to start your recovery.
Treatment your way
We offer individual and group treatment options.
Specifically for you
We tailor treatment plans around your personal needs.